Okay so I suppose you can have waffles any day of the week they don’t necessarily have to be for Valentine’s Day but I am sure your other half would appreciate breakfast waffles in bed on Valentine’s Day.
I have had a waffle maker for SO LONG but I rarely ever make waffles and I have no idea why because they are deeelicious!
These waffles are vanilla flavoured but you could add anything you wanted to them how about chocolate chips?
Again you could top them with anything you wanted I went for Syrup, Strawberries and Blueberries, the best thing about making waffles as you can make a batch and then pick whatever toppings you and your friends/relatives/loved ones like and make them personal to them.
I used a Double Waffle Iron from VonShef which I got from amazon! The only slight problem I have with it is that it does take a little while to heat up but once it had heated up it had cooked the waffles in no time.
This recipe makes up to 8 Waffles
For the Waffles
4 Large Egg Whites
500ml Whole Milk
100ml Vegetable Oil
1tsp Vanilla Extract
250g Plain Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
80g Granulated Sugar
For the Decoration
I used golden syrup, strawberries and blueberries but you can of course any toppings you enjoy.
- Heat the waffle iron, you might need to lightly oil it so the waffles don’t stick.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Measure out the milk in a measuring jug and add the oil and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder and sugar and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the wet ingredients (step 4) to the dry ingredients (step 3) and mix together to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the egg whites to the mixture and fold them in until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto the waffle iron and cook until golden brown and cooked through. As all waffle irons are different you will need to follow the instructions that come with yours to make sure the waffles are thoroughly cooked.
- Once the waffles have cooked pile them up on a plate and decorate using your toppings.
My Baking Valentines Playlist
Maroon Five – She Will Be Loved
Beyonce – Halo
Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Gouling
Shallow – Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper
Somebody To Love – Queen
I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
Photograph – Ed Sheeran
We Found Love – Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you make it please tag aspoonfulofvanilla on Instagram so I can see them. You can find me on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Also you can leave me a comment at the bottom of this page and let me know what you think of this recipe.