Oh hi, welcome to the first cheesecake recipe on my blog. A Millionaires inspired cheesecake with a biscuit base, caramel cheesecake layer, milk chocolate ganache layer, topped with whipped cream, mini millionaire bits and of course sprinkles.
Anyway, back to the cheesecake, I feel that because I am only just starting out that a lot of the recipes I have on here are quite basic like my Velvety Vanilla Cupcakes, Velvety Vanilla Birthday Cake and Chocolate Overload Cupcakes so I thought I a Basic Vanilla Cheesecake would be a bit boring so I decided to mix it up a bit.
I live in Scotland and I eat A LOT of shortbread and A LOT of millionaires shortbread, so I thought why not turn a classic into a cheesecake. This cheesecake does need to be left to set in the fridge overnight so you would need to make it the day before you wanted to serve it.
The cheesecake mixture, is soft cheese, double cream, icing sugar and condensed milk for sweetness. If you were making a plain vanilla cheesecake adding the condensed milk I think would make it taste more like ice cream (and who doesn’t love ice cream?!) to make this more Millionaire style I added caramel. I used Carnations Caramel but you can use any as long as it is thick and gloopy. If it is a thin caramel sauce then it will make the filling too soft and it won’t set.
Another tip when making cheesecake is when you are mixing the soft cheese and icing sugar you should be able to tip the bowl upside down, like you would meringue and the contents shouldn’t move. The same thing after adding the double cream and the caramel.
For this recipe I used an 8” Spring Form Tin. A spring form tin is one with the claps on the side. I just find it makes it so much easier to get the cheesecake out compared with loose bottomed tins.
This cheesecake should last 2-3 days in the fridge.
This recipe will serve 10-12.
For the Biscuit Base
350g Plain Biscuits (I used Digestives)
100g Unsalted Butter
2tbsp Golden Syrup
For the Cheesecake
400g Soft Cheese
75g Icing Sugar
200ml Double Cream
100g Condensed Milk
For the Chocolate Ganache
200ml Double Cream
200g Milk Chocolate
For the Topping
200ml Double Cream
Mini Millionaire Shortbread
To Make the Biscuit Base
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble crumbs.
- Add the butter and syrup and pulse until the biscuits resemble wet sand.
- Pour the mixture into your cake tin and press into the bottom of the tin using a spatula or the back of the spoon.
- Put the cake tin to one side.
To Make the Cheesecake
- Add the soft cheese and icing sugar to a large bowl and beat until the mixture is thick and holds itself. If you hold the bowl upside down the mixture should not fall out.
- Add in the double cream and mix. Again until the mixture holds itself.
- Add in the condensed milk and caramel and mix again until the mixture holds itself.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin on top of the biscuit base and smooth.
- Leave in the fridge overnight (at least 8 hours) until it has set.
To Make the Chocolate Ganache
- Add the chocolate and cream to a bowl and melt in the microwave on 20 second bursts until the chocolate has completed melted. You can also put water in a saucepan and heat, when the water is simmering put the bowl over the bowl of water (be sure that the bowl isn’t touching the water) and stir until completely melted.
- Leave the mixture to the side of 5-10 minutes until cool.
- When the mixture is cool pour over the top of the cheesecake and put back in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Once the chocolate ganache has set remove the cheesecake from the cake tin.
- In a bowl whisk the double cream until it is thick and holds its shape.
- Pipe the cream on top of the cheesecake and decorate with mini millionaire shortbread and sprinkles.
Biscuits – I used Digestive biscuits
Golden Syrup – I used Lyles Golden Syrup
Soft Cheese – I used a supermarket own brand
Icing Sugar – I use Silver Spoon
Double Cream – I used a supermarket own brand
Condensed Milk – I used Carnations
Caramel – I used Carnations
Milk Chocolate – I used a supermarket own brand
Mini Millionaire Shortbread – I bought these from the bakery section of my local supermarket
Sprinkles.- I used two types of sprinkles on this cheesecake. I used chocolate curls and gold pearl sprinkles from Wilton.
When I bake I always listen to music so I thought I would share some of the songs I listen to when I bake. When I was making this cheesecake I was singing along to the radio.
Higher Love – Kygo ft. Whitney Houston
Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa
Human – Rag N Bone Man
Better Half of Me – Tom Walker
Sweet But Psycho – Ava Max
Someone You Loved – Lewis Capaldi
Your Song – Rita Ora
Give Me Everything – Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer
Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
Sun Queen – Gerry Cinnamon
Sorry – Justin Bieber
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you make it please tag aspoonfulofvanilla on Instagram so I can see them. You can find me on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Also you can leave me a comment at the bottom of this page and let me know what you think of this recipe.