I have been sooo excited to share this recipe with you! It is my new favourite cheesecake recipe and as you probably already know from the title and the picture it is my Galaxy Caramel Cheesecake!
I was trying to decide what recipes to make for Easter this year when I spotted these Galaxy Caramel Mini Eggs in my local supermarket and thought why not?!
The cheesecake recipe is similar to my No Bake Millionaire Cheesecake. It has a biscuit base, Galaxy Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake and is decorated with double cream and Galaxy Carmel Mini Eggs. It is the perfect Easter dessert!
I made the biscuit base using a combination of Golden Oreos and Hobnobs, I stay in the UK so if you don’t have Hobnobs it is basically a plain oaty biscuit, you could also use a plain biscuit like a digestive or Grahams Crackers. You could also just use all Oreos if you prefer too or all Hobnobs.
I made the amount of base a little less compared with my No Bake Millionaires Cheesecake just because I had a few comments from friends and family that is was too much base (is there even such a thing as too much base?) so I have reduced the amount of biscuit and butter.
I use a food processor the blitz my biscuits, but you can put the biscuits into a food safe bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they are crumbs. I then put them into a 8” Spring Form Tin just because I find it so much easier to remove the cheesecake once it has set compared with a loose bottomed cake tin. To push the biscuit base into the bottom of the cake tin and I use the back of a spoon as I find it easier to smooth the base out and make sure the biscuit fills the entire bottom of the tin.
To make the cheesecake I used a whisk attachment on my Kitchenaid. First off, I melt the galaxy chocolate with 100ml double cream and melt on 20 second bursts stirring in between each burst I then leave to one side to cool and make my cheesecake filling. I add the soft cheese and icing sugar and mix until it is nice and thick. I then add my double cream and again whisk until it holds it shape, a little bit like meringue, you should be able to hold the bowl upside down and none of the mixture fall out. I then add the vanilla and condensed milk and yep you guessed it mix it again, finally now that my chocolate has melted completely, I mix again. Once completely incorporated I pour the mixture into the cake tin and put in the fridge overnight.
For the decoration I use a Wilton 1M Piping Tip and these extra-large savoy piping bags. I whip the cream until thick and pipe onto the top of my cheesecake. If you would like sweetened double cream then you can add a tablespoon of icing sugar to it before you start whipping. I then decorated it with the mini eggs. You can also add sprinkles but I didn’t have any that matched the cheesecake, they were all very brightly coloured.
In this cheesecake, I supermarket own brand soft cheese, hobnobs, unsalted butter, double cream and condensed milk. I used Lyles Golden Syrup, Nielsen Massey Vanilla Extract, Silverspoon icing sugar and of course Golden Oreos and Galaxy Caramel Mini Eggs and Bars of Chocolate.
This cheesecake should serve 12-14
For the Base
100g Golden Oreos
75g Unsalted Butter
2tbsp Golden Syrup
For the Cheesecake
300g Galaxy Caramel Chocolate
300ml Double Cream
160g Galaxy Caramel Eggs
400g Soft Cheese
150g Icing Sugar
100ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
For the Decoration
200ml Double Cream
240g Galaxy Caramel Eggs
To Make the Biscuit Base
- Put the butter and golden syrup in a heat proof bowl and melt in the microwave. I melt in 20 second bursts and stir in between to ensure the butter has completely melted. Leave to one side.
- In a food processor blitz your biscuits to a crumb. Add the butter and pulse for 20-30 seconds until the butter is incorporated and the biscuits now resemble wet sand.
- Pour the mixture into your cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon, until the entire base is covered by the biscuit and it nice and level.
- Leave to one side.
To Make the Cheesecake
- In a bowl, add the galaxy chocolate and 150g of Double Cream. Melt in the microwave on 20 second bursts stirring in between until the chocolate has completely melted. Leave to one side.
- Cut the mini eggs. I halved and quartered mine and leave to one side.
- In a separate bowl mix together the soft cheese and icing sugar, until it is nice and thick.
- Pour in the remaining double cream, while mixing on a slow speed. The mixture should be thick and holds its shape.
- Add in the condensed milk and the chocolate mixture and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture holds itself.
- Finally fold in your mini eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and smooth. Put the mixture in the fridge for overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Remove the cheesecake from your cake tin.
- Whip the double cream until it is thick. If you would like to sweeten the cream add a tablespoon of icing sugar.
- Pipe the mixture onto the top of the cheesecake and decorate using the mini eggs.
If you make any of my recipes use #aspoonfulofvanilla on social media so I can see all the deliciousness! If you have any recipe suggestions or any comments good and bad about this post and others on my blog, then you can either leave them in the comments section below. You can also find me on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*I have used affiliated links in this post.