Happy New Year! I am so excited to be kicking off the New Year with these epic Custard Cream Blondies. These blondies are just so gooey and delicious!
This is the first blondie recipe I have on my blog but I do have another blondie recipe in my eBook. The eBook is free to download HERE and is delivered straight to your email inbox along with three other recipes.
If you have never tried Blondies before, oh my goodness why not? They are essentially white chocolate brownies and anyone who knows me knows I love anything and everything white chocolate. These ones are filled with white chocolate chips and custard creams.
Custard Creams pair really well with these blondies and I have to admit are one of my absolute favourite biscuits.
To make the blondies I first lined my cake tin with baking parchment. I coated the cake in butter to help the baking parchment stick and leave to one side. I then mixed together the butter and sugars. For these blondies I used light brown sugar because it gives the blondies a delicious caramelly taste. Next, I added in the eggs, flour and custard powder and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Finally, I added the white chocolate chips and crushed up custard creams and folded them until they are evenly distributed. I poured the mixture into my cake tin and baked in the oven.
I used a 9″x 9″ square springform cake tin. Personally, I find the springform cake tin the easiest way to get the blondies out after baking.
How Do I Know the Blondies Are Baked?
Just like with brownies it can be quite difficult to tell when blondies are done. I wouldn’t recommend using a cake skewer to test the centre because you want the blondies to have a gooey centre. If you are using a cake skewer it will always come out with batter on unless you overbake them but then your blondies with be more cakey.
The best way to test your blondies is to remove them from the oven the top should be just golden in colour and the should have a very slight wobble.
Blondies don’t need too much of a decoration, not like with a cake or cupcakes. To finish these blondies off once they are baked remove them from the oven and gently push your custard creams into the top. Be careful because your blondies will of course be very hot. Leave them to cool fully in the tin before removing them and cutting into individual portions.
I earn a small amount of money if you buy any of these products. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting A Spoonful of Vanilla.
If you want plain blonfies just don’t add in the custard powder and custard creams.
You could use any of your favourite biscuits if you don’t want the custard flavour just remove it.
Pin it For Later!
Custard Cream Blondies
For the Blondies
- 225 g Unsalted Butter
- 225 g Light Brown Sugar
- 50 g White Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 300 g Plain Flour
- 30 g Custard Powder
- 300 g White Chocolate Chips
- 250 g Custard Creams crushed
- Custard Creams
To Make the Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160CFan) and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment. Leave to one side.
- In a bowl mix together thebutter and both sugars until lovely and light in colour.
- Add in the eggs, plain flourand custard powder and mix again.
- Fold through the whitechocolate chips and custard creams until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into your caketin and smooth until completely flat and even.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until they are golden in colour and ever so slightly wobble.
- Remove from the oven and gentlypush your custard cream decorations into the top of your blondies.
- Leave to cool complexly in thetin before removing and cutting into individual portions.
If you do have any questions about these Custard Cream Blondies or any other recipes on my blog you can contact me either by sending me a DM on social media or an email. You can find all my details on the right-hand side of this page.