Hello most amazingly delicious strawberry and white chocolate muffins. These muffins have fresh and freeze-dried strawberries, white chocolate chips and they even has a strawberry jam centre.
White chocolate and strawberry is one of my favourite flavour combinations; whether it is in tart form like my White Chocolate and Strawberry Tart or in muffin form.
Muffins and super easy to make and they are also super quick too.
Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins
Preheat your oven to 180C (160C Fan). This is such an important step and ensure that the muffins will all bake evenly and at the correct temperature.
Pop your muffin cases into your muffin tray and leave to one side. I used these tulip muffin cases from Iced Jems. They have so many different colours and they are the perfect size for muffins.
You also want to cut your strawberries into small chunks and leave to one side.
In a bowl add the oil, milk and eggs. Whisk them together until they are completely combined and leave to one side.
Put all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until they are all incorporated.
Now add in your fresh and freeze-dried strawberries and white chocolate chips.
I use these freeze-dried strawberries buy you can get smaller tubs from Hobbycraft, Sainsbury’s or Waitrose. You also don’t need to use them, if you can’t find any or you just don’t want too.
You want to fold the fruit and chocolate chips into the mixture. I find the easiest way to do this is by going around the sides of the bowl and folding the mixture in on itself. Once I have done that I then cut through the middle of the mixture and fold it in on itself. Repeat this until the strawberries and chocolate chips are fully incorporated and evenly distributed.
You want to half fill your muffin cases with the mixture. Top Tip: Use an ice cream scoop to make sure each case has the same amount of mixture in.
Once all of your muffins cases are half full and 100g of strawberry jam to a bowl and mix until it is soft. Add 1tsp of jam to the centre of your muffins and add in the rest of the mixture. Make sure the jam is completely covered.
This part is completely optional. If you don’t want to add the jam to the centre just fill your muffin cases until they are ¾ full and then pop them in the oven.
Once your muffins have cooled melt white chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave on 20 second bursts until it is completely melted.
Spoon the mixture into the centre of your muffins and then sprinkle over the freeze-dried strawberries.
You could make these muffins using any fruit and any chocolate chips you want.
You could drizzle the chocolate on top instead of spooning it on.
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy any of these products. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting A Spoonful of Vanilla.
Pin it For Later!
Strawberry & White Chocolate Muffins
For the Muffins
- 150 ml Vegetable Oil
- 150 ml Whole Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 275 g Self-Raising Flour
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g White Chocolate Chips
- 50 g Strawberries
- 7 g Freeze-Dried Strawberries
- 100 g Strawberry Jam
For the Decoration
- 100 g White Chocolate
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries
To Make the Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan. Line a muffin tray with your muffin liners and leave to one side.
- Add the oil, whole milk, eggs and vanilla to a large bowl or jug and whisk until they are all combined. Leave to one side.
- In a separate bowl add the flour and sugar and mix until fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Fold through the white chocolate chips, strawberries and freeze-dried strawberries until they are evenly distributed.
- Spoon half the mixture into the bottom of your muffin liners.
- Add the strawberry jam to a bowl and stir to soften. Add a spoonful of jam to the centre of each muffin case.
- Spoon the remaining mixture over the top of the muffins ensuring that the jam is completely covered.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Once they have baked leave them to cool fully in the muffin tray.
- Add the white chocolate to a heat-proof bowl and melt in the microwave on 20 second bursts stirring in between until it is completely melted and smooth.
- Add one spoonful of mixture onto the top of the muffins and sprinkle over the freeze-dried strawberries.
If you do have any questions about these White Chocolate and Strawberry Muffins or any other recipes on my blog you can contact me either by sending me a DM on social media or an email. You can find all my details on the right-hand side of this page.