This is the first Ice Cream recipe I have shared on my blog so I know I had to make it EPIC! And what is more epic than Crème Eggs? This Crème Egg Ice Cream is chocolate flavoured with hidden mini crème eggs and crème eggs on top. It is also no churn so it is super easy to make.
How To Make No Churn Ice Cream
In a large bowl add the double cream and condensed milk and whisk. This might take a few minutes, I mixed mine using the whisk attachment on my KitchenAid on a medium speed. You will notice that the mixture will start to thicken. As it does add the cocoa powder and continue to whisk until the mixture is thick and holds its shape.
Next I added in mini Crème Eggs. I just added these in whole but if you prefer you can cut them into halves and quarters before you add them. You also don’t need to use the mini Crème Eggs you can use normal sized ones if you prefer. Add these to the mixture and fold through using a spatula.
I find the easiest way to fold it too go around the side of the bowl and fold the mixture in on itself and then cut through the middle. Repeat this until the Crème Eggs are evenly distributed.
Pour the mixture into your ice cream tub. I didn’t have any tubs so I used a 2L loaf tin. Once you have poured the mixture in add some Crème Eggs to the top. I used normal sized eggs and cut them in half lengthways following the join line.
Wrap in cling film and pop in the freezer until it has completely set.
Ta Da you now have chocolate Crème Egg Ice Cream! How easy is that?
You don’t need to make this chocolate you could make it vanilla. Just don’t add in any cocoa powder and instead add in 1tsp of Vanilla Extract.
You could also add in some chocolate chips to make it even more chocolatey.
Why not try making this with a different kind of chocolate like Mini Eggs, Terry’s Chocolate Orange Eggs or even Mars Bars, Snickers etc.
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy any of these products. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting A Spoonful of Vanilla.
Pin it For Later!
Creme Egg Ice Cream (No Churn)
For the Ice Cream
- 550 ml Double Cream
- 397 ml Condensed Milk (1 tin)
- 35 g Cocoa Powder
- 150 g Mini Crème Eggs
- 200 g Crème Eggs
To Make the Ice Cream
- Add the double cream and condensed milk to a large bowl and whisk on a medium speed until it starts to thicken.
- Once the mixture has started to thicken add in the cocoa powder and continue to whisk until the mixture holds its own shape.
- Add in the mini Crème Eggs. You can cut these into halves or quarters or add them in whole.
- Cut the Crème Eggs into halves or quarters. Add half of them to the mixture.
- Fold the Crème Eggs into the mixture. I find the easiest way to do this is using a spatula and going around the sides of the bowl and folding the mixture in on itself.
- Once the Crème Eggs are evenly distributed pour the mixture into a 2L tub.
- Add the remaining Crème Eggs to the top of the ice cream.
- Cover the tub with cling film and place in the freezer until the ice cream is frozen.
If you do have any questions about the Crème Egg Ice Cream or any other recipes on my blog you can contact me either by sending me a DM on social media or an email. You can find all my details on the right-hand side of this page.