Pornstar Martini Cupcakes
These Pornstar Martini Cupcakes have a Prosecco Cupcake with a hint of lime and a Passionfruit and Prosecco Buttercream.
I have been so excited to share these cupcakes with you. I wanted to make them as close to a Pornstar Martini Cocktail as possible. So, I added, a hint of Vanilla Extract to the cupcake to mimic the Vanilla Vodka, I also used Prosecco in the cupcake and a little lime zest.
For the buttercream I made my normal buttercream recipe and split it in two. I then added passionfruit to one side and prosecco to the other and piped it on top.
You could make these cupcakes alcohol free just head down to the alternatives section below for the ingredients and method.
These Pornstar Martini Cupcakes are the second recipe I have posted in my Summer Cocktail/Alcohol Series. I don’t know about you but in normal times I would always make an alcohol inspired recipe to take to a family BBQ or a dinner party.
Now that things are starting to get back to normal now, I thought I would share these recipes so you can enjoy them too with your friends/family/colleagues.
Pornstar Martini Cupcakes
So, these cupcakes are made using my Vanilla Cupcake Recipe but with a few tweaks. First off, we are going to cream together the butter and sugar until it is light, pale and fluffy. Next add in the flour, eggs, vanilla and baking powder and mix again until it is fully combined.
Finally add in the Prosecco and Lime Zest and mix again. This mixture will be quite wet compared to other cupcake recipes on my blog but that is fine, it is just because of the Prosecco. Don’t worry they will still bake perfectly.
Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are lovely and golden.
How Do I Know When the Cupcakes are baked?
You will know the cupcakes are ready when they are golden brown in colour. They will also be springy, the best way to test this is to gently press the top the cupcakes and when you remove your finger they should spring back to their original shape.
You could also use a cake tester. Test the thickest part of the cake, if it comes out clean then the cupcakes are ready if it comes out with a little cake batter on them then they need a few more minutes. Pop them back into the oven for 2-3 minutes and test again. Repeat until the tester comes out clean.
Cooling the Cupcakes
I bake my cupcakes on a flat baking tray because I use these Baking Cups from Iced Jems. If you bake yours using normal cupcake cases and use a muffin tray leave the cupcakes to cool for 15 minutes in the muffin tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool fully.
To make the buttercream mix together the butter and icing sugar. For your buttercream you need to use Unsalted Butter rather than a baking spread like Stork. Unsalted Butter helps your buttercream stay thick and hold its shape whereas a baking spread is too soft.
Once your icing sugar and butter are mixed and lovely and thick spilt the mixture evenly between two bowls.
In one bowl add the Prosecco a teaspoon at a time mixing between each addition until it reaches the perfect consistency. Add a small amount of pink food colouring and mix. Add a small amount of food colouring at a time and mix in until you reach the colour you want. Leave to one side.
Cut the passionfruit in half and scoop the filling into a sieve. Let the juice drain into a separate bowl.
To your second bowl of buttercream add a teaspoon of the juice at a time mixing between each addition until it reaches the perfect consistency. I didn’t add any food colouring as the passion fruit juice gave my buttercream and lovely yellow colour, but you can add yellow food colouring too if you want. Pop the bowl to one side.
Lay a piece of clingfilm on the worktop and spread the pink buttercream lengthways in a line on the clingfilm. Spread the yellow buttercream beside the pink. Roll the clingfilm up into a sausage shape and secure the two ends. Cut one of the ends and place it into your piping bag.
Pipe the buttercream onto the top of your cupcakes. Decorate with some sprinkles. I used these ones from Iced Jems.
If you want to make these cupcakes alcohol free, I would recommend just replacing the Prosecco with this prosecco flavouring.
You could make the buttercream all Prosecco flavoured or all Passionfruit flavours depending on your taste.
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy any of these products. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting A Spoonful of Vanilla.
Pin it For Later!
Pornstar Martini Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 145 g Caster Sugar
- 145 g Unsalted Butter or Stork
- 145 g Self-Raising Flour
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 30 ml Prosecco
For the Buttercream
- 500 g Icing Sugar
- 250 g Unsalted Butter
- Juice of 1 Passion Fruit
- 3-4 tsp Prosecco
- Pink Food Colouring
To Make the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160 Fan. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners and leave to one side.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour, eggs, vanilla, and baking powder and whisk until all combined.
- Add in the zest of the lime and the Prosecco and mix again until completley combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners. I use a small ice cream scoop to do this so I know that they are all even.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. You will know the cupcakes are ready when they are golden brown and springy to touch.
- Leave to cool completley.
To Make the Buttercream
- In a large bowl add the butter, icing sugar and vanilla and mix until it is all combined.
- Split the mixture evenly between two bowls.
- In one bowl add a teaspoon of Prosecco one at a time and mix between each addition until the buttercream reaches the desired consistency.
- Add a small amount of pink food colouring to the Prosecco buttercream and mix. Keep adding small amounts until you reach the desired consistency. Leave to one side.
- Put a seive over a small bowl and cut the passionfruit in half and remove the seeds into the sieve. The juice should drain into the bowl.
- With your second bowl of buttercream add 1tsp of Passionfruit one at a time until it reaches the desired consistnecy. The passionfruit juice should make it a lovely yellow colour but you could add a little yellow food colouring to enhance the colour.
- Cut a strip of cling film and lay it down on your work surface, genlty spread the pink buttercream along the clingfilm. Spread the yellow buttercream beside it.
- Roll the cling film up and tie off both ends.
- Cut one of the ends and put the clingfilm into your piping bag.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the top of the cake and finish with some sprinkles.
If you do have any questions about these Pornstar Martini Cupcakes or any other recipes on my blog you can contact me either by sending me a DM on social media or an email. You can find all my details on the right-hand side of this page.